Backyard pools are wonderful amenities to have right at your fingertips, especially when the mercury rises. There’s no need to expose yourself or your family members to the potential hazards of public swimming pools, which are often filled with bacteria and germs that can cause illness. Instead, just stroll to your backyard and enjoy the cool waters on a hot day.
But once you have a pool installed by a local Austin pool builder, you’ll want to take steps to ensure that the pool and its surrounding environment provide for a safe and secure area. After all, any number of issues can arise from neglect and lack of care and attention when a swimming pool is present. Here are some tips to help you and your family stay safe with a backyard pool:
- Designate an adult to supervise any children in the pool at all times
- Keep children under the age of five years within arms’ reach when near the pool
- Keep control over access to the pool by using things such as a latching gate and four-sided fencing around the pool
- Give all family members swimming lessons
- Install an alarm that sounds when an object over a certain weight enters the pool water
- Keep the back door that leads to the pool locked
- Ensure no diving takes place in shallow pools
Every municipality has its own specific bylaws for swimming pools and fencing, so make sure you find out exactly what your local jurisdiction requires when you have a swimming pool installed by a reliable Austin pool builder.
And remember – stay safe, and have fun!